Thursday, April 28, 2011

We have her!

Millie Lynn is with us in the hotel. Our day started with a meeting at the US Embassy to make sure we have all of our documents etc. Then, our in-country rep., Raj, took us to the orphanage to pick up Millie Lynn. All of her didis (nannies) were there to tell her good-bye. Her main didi cried. You could tell that she really loves Millie. We were there for about 20 minutes and then left. Millie Lynn only cried for about 30 seconds and then she was fine. She loved riding in the car and fell asleep. We played for a few minutes when we got to the hotel and then met the two other adopting families for dinner (in the hotel). They also got their children today. A few specifics about Millie. She is really small. I brought 24 month clothes, but I think she is probably in an 18 month. She has long eye-lashes, just like here brothers. She is pretty calm and like almost everything I tried to feed her at dinner last night. She did not like her bath at all! Grant and Sam will have to show her how much fun bath-time is. Right before bed, we showed her pictures of her new brothers and I can tell that she really is going to love them! We will post more tomorrow! Ellen and Rusty

4 comments:

  1. Praise God for all His blessings. I'm so glad that Millie Lynn made the adjustment so quick. I'm sure her main didi has done a great job with her and we can thank God for sending her to Millie until you could get her. Sarah bought her something special today. I can't wait for her to get it. I had fun with the boys and hated to have to come back to LA but my babies were calling.We will continue to pray that all goes well. Love you...all five.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so happy for you all! i am happy for millie lynn (Sam typed this all by himself!) I know that God's plan is being fulfilled! It is so exciting to hear about the miracles that He is performing in our family

    I told Grant and Sam that Millie Lynn did not like her bath. They could not believe it! They were shocked and promised to show her how much fun bathtime can be.

    We love you and will talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise The Lord! I will keep praying the rest of the paperwork goes quickly. Can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these updates! Can't wait to see photos and meet her at church. So glad her first day was good. How touching, though, that her main didi cried. That means, I hope, that she was loved well when she was there.

    ReplyDelete