Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Namaste! Day 3

Namaste! Today was our 3rd visit to the orphanage. We started the day by moving to a different hotel - The Shanker Hotel. There are lots of American families here. Many who are trekking and two others who are adopting. One is adopting from our same orphanage, so that will be fun once we get the babies that they will be able to play. When we got to the orphanage, Millie didn't cry at all. (Yesterday it took her a few minutes to warm up, but she did well once she got used to us). We were able to hold her right away today, although I'm sure that a little bribery with a piece of toast that I had brought from breakfast didn't hurt. The other lady brought several bags of cheese balls and I literally think Millie ate an entire bag. She couldn't put them in her mouth fast enough. She would take turns walking from Rusty to me and letting us give her cheese balls, too. She is really warming up fast. Right before we left I started playing "Ride a Little Horsey, Don't Fall Down" with her and got a huge grin. We kept playing that and she kept smiling and looking around to make sure that everyone in the room was watching her. Then I started tickling her under the chin and got a full-blown belly laugh. We were really sad to leave her today. I think we are going to have to wait until Thursday for her to come to our hotel with us...they are expecting a nation-wide strike tomorrow so everything will be shut down. (I think that is fairly common, the government is really unstable and people are protesting). Now we just can't wait for Grant and Sam to meet Millie. She is going to love them! We will touch base in a few days! Ellen and Rusty

5 comments:

  1. Isn't it exciting how kids respond to love when it's shown to them? It's obvious Millie adores you and Rusty! I can't wait to meet her! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun to read this Ellen~I can just see you guys getting to know her! I told Rebecca Jane (again) about what you guys were doing yesterday and after she was quiet for a moment she said, "Wow, that little girl is kind of lucky!!" I wholeheartedly agreed, but was quick to tell her how God had a plan for her the day she was born and it's playing out right now! What a blessing for you all! Enjoy! What are you eating?? Any diet cokes around??

    ReplyDelete
  3. We get so excited when you post. I am in MW with Grant and Sam and read this to them. You should have seen them beaming when I read that you were excited about them meeting Millie. They are doing well and are happy so don't worry...they are in great hands. Please, if you can, send a description of Millie. We are excited to hear all about her. God is good and really does have a plan for each of us even before we are born. Millie's plan was perfect and she got the best parents any little girl could have. Love you...all three. Aunt Marmie

    ReplyDelete
  4. A description of Millie is that she has pretty, brown skin. She really looks like a perfect mixture of Chinese and Indian. Her facial features look more Chinese, but her skin color is more Indian. I think they cut her hair right before we got here....it shorter than Grant or Sam's. Believe me, a bow is going to be put in the minute she comes with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading with a giant grin on my face. So excited for all of you, especially Millie. She's got a great family! On another note, Brian heard from Vijay. Here's his email/info:


    Hello Ellen,

    Greetings in His matchless Name! Yes, we will be more than happy to help you out with your adoption process. You can contact me in my following numbers:

    Mobile: 9851029548 (most accessible)
    Res.: 5522726
    Church Office: 5532865

    If you need me to pick you up in the Airport, please let me know. You are welcome to stay in our Church guest room.

    Sincerely,
    Pastor Vijay
    Himlayan Evangelical Church
    Sanepa Height, Lalitpur

    ReplyDelete